03/22 – 🍒 Meet the Baker Collab
- March 22, 2023
- Posted by: The Miracle Twins
Meet the Baker Collab
Meet the Baker Collab is this Friday, March 24th, 2023 at 11:00 AM est – 12:00 PM est. And we want you to participate! Here’s how to squeeze the most out of the Meet the Baker Cookie Collab.
- Collab: Meet the Baker
- Date: March 24 @ 11:00 AM EST
- Engage with posts until 12:00 PM EST
- Time Zones: https://bit.ly/
- Use Hashtag #SugarCookieMarketingCollab
- Engage with the others using the hashtag for 1 hour!
If you’re not familiar with cookie collabs, no sweat – we’re here to help. Nothin’ builds trust (and engagement) like your purdy lil’ face in front of a lil’ camera (horrifying, I know – my selfies are abysmal).
Meet the Baker collabs are as fun as they are simple! You’ll just need to snag a photo of yourself (or – skirt the rules if ya hate selfies as much as I do and make a cookie-selfie of yourself – which would be hilarious). All you gotta do to participate is make the post on March 24th at 11:00 am on Instagram and use the #SugarCookieMarketingCollab in your caption!
Other folks who joined in on the collab will stop by and show your post some love which will give it a sweet boost in the algos. Plus – humans LOVE seeing other humans – it’s a really effective form of marketing – your audience will LOVE it. So – if you’re in, awesome! Here are 5 tips to squeeze the most juice out of this collab.
The Type of Photo to Post
Okay – let’s start with the star of the show – the photo you’re going to post. These are guidelines – not requirements – to get the most out of this collab. The better the quality of the photo – the more people are going to react to it (and since this is an engagement collab, reactions = better results).
- Use a high-quality camera or Portrait Mode on smartphones
- Take the photo from the waist up (closer to your face = more engagement)
- Make the photo bright and fun! Even if it means going outside to bask in the sun’s rays.
- Use props that scream “I’m a baker!” A fun apron, a whisk or spatula, or even your Kitchen-Aid mixer are all fun props to tie in the face to the concept.
Keep the Copy Compelling
Copy (the text below an image often used to sell products) or caption is going to allow people and collab participants to better connect with you. Making the copy compelling means makin’ it worth reading – so be on the lookout for Corrie’s copy template in this group later this week!
- Make your copy relatable to your target audience.
- Stay away from a WALL of text – use line breaks and emojis to draw people in.
- Pro-tip: make a short list – people love skimming lists rather than reading paragraphs.
- Don’t write “Hi, I’m Heather! I’m a baker!” – it’s too short and doesn’t give people enough elbow room to write a response.
Follow Collab Rules!
I hate seein’ people miss out on the collab because they didn’t follow the collab rules correctly. Here are three things you’ll definitely want to keep in mind to get the most bang for this buck!
- Post THIS FRIDAY at 11:00 AM est (not earlier and not much later).
- YOU MUST use the hashtag #SugarCookieMarketingCollab (otherwise people can’t find your post).
- This is an Instagram collab – not Facebook, so post to Instagram (and if your account is set to private, you’ll want to set it to public for this collab).
Replying to Comments
Get even more juice from this collab by replying to every comment – even ones from other bakers! They all work together to help your post reach more of the feeds of your target audience.
- Ask a question or start a conversation in the comments – this will get people comin’ back to your post.
- Heart each comment – this puts yet another notification in people’s feeds and we all know that more engagement = more reach.
Comment on others
The collab is as much of a give as it is a get – so return the favor! By clicking on the collab hashtag at 11AM, you can engage with other collab participants and help them better reach their audience! Reply with questions and encouragement – try to connect with thy fellow baker!
Cross Post to Facebook!
Bonus tip – even though this is an Instagram collab and you won’t get the group engagement on Facebook, do post this to Facebook – your audience will love to see your face (you don’t need to include the hashtags on Facebook though).
Listen to this Podcast Episode!